Welcome To The St. Francis House
Our Mission: "At St. Francis House, our mission and approach are simple: create an atmosphere and lifeline of hope that minimizes the suffering of the homeless and the less fortunate."
- To treat all people with respect, equality, and dignity.
- To provide food and emergency shelter to the homeless.
- To serve as advocates for the homeless and unfortunate.
- To assist individuals in developing personal independence.
- To be accountable to our clients, partners, and supporters.
Accomplishments in 2013:
- 138,000 meals were served from our soup kitchen.
- 3,500 boxes of food were given to the working poor.
- Clothing and blankets were distributed to all in need.
- Our Comfort Station (shower/toilet) is newly remodeled and available to all.
- Through our partnership with the City, we provide campers on St. Augustine's Sea Wall with overnight shelter, making our city a more tourist-friendly and safer place to live.
Over the past 30 years, St. Francis House has saved lives and changed lives through the services we provide. Please join us in helping the less fortunate move forward with dignity into a renewed life of hope and a second chance at reconnecting with family and society.
St. Francis House's new Executive Director, Judith Dembowski, comes with a Master's Degree and 25 years' experience in the field of working with homeless men and women, youth, and families at risk. Judy's goals are to revitalize operations management systems, develop current policies and procedures, create a thriving funding structure within the community and establish a solid team to serve clients in need.
Funding opportunities include weekly, monthly or annual pledges; no amount is too small..